DIY Birthday

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

One month today our little Rylee is going to be a YEAR OLD!! I can't believe it and at the rate she is going she's not going to be a baby, she's going to be a toddler!! 

I have already begun preparations for the big milestone with the help of the amazing pinterest (Follow Me Here). Of course the party itself is going to have an owl theme and I have already found the perfect cake that she can dive into, owl cake pops, cute DIY goodie bags, decorations, and invitation ideas!

Over the weekend I got to work on the invitations (design credit goes to Better Homes & Garden). I bought my cardstock paper at Michaels, as well as the sticky gems for the eyes, and the rest of the supplies I raided from my craft drawer: scissors, glue, pencil, ruler, and a medium point sharpie pen. The whole project cost me a $5.50 to make 8 invitations! (But it did take me about 6 hours to finish them)

I think they turned out super cute, the only thing I would add would be a glue dot or something like it to hold the wings together but I've run out so I'll just make do without them.
 This is them half finished
 and this is the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...