Taste of India

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Thursday I took Sevio to India for our fourth "around the world" date night. (Its an ongoing anniversary gift I gave him which you can read all about here.)

This time we went out for dinner so we could experience the Indian culture a little bit more. Unfortunately the restaurant we went to was going for an American modern look, but regardless it was nice and they had touches of India with the tray of traditional spices at the front door, dim lighting, and music.

We ordered veggie samosas to start, which were delicious, Rylee even liked them. And we shared Chicken Curry  and Lamb Roganjosh with Garlic Naan Bread for the main course. Both dishes were so rich and packed with flavour, mmm it was soooo good!

After diner we came home and I banished Sevio to the bedroom while I set up the living room floor with colorful throw pillows and blankets and decked the room with candles and set the mood with some Indian music. Once I turned out all the lights I brought Sevio out, which conveniently at the same time Rylee woke up so she got to join in on the surprise too (she was mesmerized by the candles). We all got cozy on the floor and watched the "Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" which is about
British retirees who travel to India to take up residence in what they believe is a newly restored hotel. Less luxurious than its photoshopped advertisements, the Marigold Hotel and its quirky manager slowly begins to charm them in unexpected ways. (I wouldn't say its an amazing movie but its worth seeing, and we got to see real India landscape and culture.)

*Sorry for the lack of pictures from the evening, I forgot my camera when we went to dinner and I took a picture of the living room but it just couldn't capture the ambiance of my super awesome decorating.

Stay tuned for next month when we head to Italy, which just so happens to be one of places we went on our honeymoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...