Recipe Of The Week : Zucchini Bread

Thursday, January 24, 2013

I'm not person big on baked good but this week I was craving zucchini bread. I was also looking to make something that I could hide some vegetable goodness in since Rylee has decided she wants to be picky about everything!

So on my big shop I picked up some zucchini and came home to search for a recipe on my favorite website of all time... pinterest (follow me HERE). This is the recipe I came upon...

Zucchini Bread
Shopping List:
2/3 cups vegetable oil (I used sunflower)
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 cups grated zucchini
1/4 cups grated carrot
3 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour
3 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
pinch of ginger
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup walnuts (optional, I made one loaf without and one with)
 
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease two 8X4 loaf pans.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat your eggs. Mix in sugar, oil, zucchini, carrot and vanilla.
4. Combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, baking soda, baking powder and salt. One cup at a time, gently fold into wet ingredients and stir. 
5. Add nuts to mixture or divide batter and pour into pans, sprinkling nuts on top.
6. Bake loaves for about 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. 
 
Nothing better then warm zucchini bread fresh out of the oven with a little butter on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...