Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirates Life For Us!

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Last night we took off to the Caribbean for our once a month date night! This month I decided to actually surprise Sevio with the night off and secretly planned all the details of our "getaway." While he was in class yesterday I got all the supplies, prepped dinner, and sent Rylee to spend the evening with her Aunty, Uncle, and Cousin! (Thanks again L&J!)

I greeted Sevio with a piƱa colada, but said he could only have it if he went to the bedroom and put on his outfit I set out for him... some sunnies and swimming shorts, after all we were in the Caribbean! Upon arrival to the bedroom he was greeted by some lovebird swans, I was trying to make it look like some fancy hotel where they do such things (PS youtube has loads of towel animal tutorials). I even had some island themed music with waves crashing in the background to make it seem a little more like we were right on the beach.

Dressed and ready to go I took him to the restaurant on the beach (aka the kitchen) to sip our yummy drinks while I dished up Caribbean chicken with yam fries and chipotle mayo for dipping sauce. I found this recipe in a slow-cooker magazine I have and man-o-man it was delicious! The chicken was so tender and punched full of spicy yet sweet flavours... SO good!

After dinner had commenced we popped some popcorn and cozied up on the couch to watch Pirates of the Caribbean (the first...and best one). I love that movie and so fitting for our date night! Once the movie finished we caught the first flight back to reality... as it was time to pick up Rylee :P

Next month...Greece! One of my favourite countries and also where we went on our honeymoon!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...