Guest Post // The Best F Words

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

This week I'm happy to introduce Owls & Monsters latest sponsor, Lauren Skousen, the creator of "The Best F Words" blog! She has creatively taken the "F" word with all its negative connotation and spun it around to be something positive and encouraging. And in my opinion I think it's so great, I love her message behind her blog, and I love how real and down to earth she is in every one of her posts.

I've asked her a few questions that she was kind enough to answer so we can get to know her a little bit deeper. So without further ado, Lauren...

1 // Could you tell us a bit about yourself.
My name is Lauren and I'm the voice behind The Best F Words! I'm a California native who loves the ocean but I'm currently living in the mountains of Utah while my husband finishes his schooling. I got my undergraduate degree in Religious Studies in May of 2011 and later that summer I was baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. After taking the plunge into the baptismal waters, I took another plunge when I fell in love with the man of my dreams and married him in August of 2012. Our family has since grown, as we introduced a baby girl into our family in September of 2013.

2 // What was your inspiration to start your blog, "The Best F Words"?
When I was first married, I had a newlywed blog but as my life evolved past the newlywed stage I knew I wanted my blog to evolve as well. I wanted it to focus on the things I love most - I thought about what I wanted the blog content to be about and realized it was Faith and Family. Once I realized they were both F words, the rest just fell into place!

3 // What is your absolute favourite F word?
My favorite F words are faith and family but if I had to pick just one it would, without a doubt, be FAMILY. Family is everything to me and I'm making efforts every day to be better connected to all of my family, despite the distances (both physical and figurative) between us.

4 // When you aren't blogging, what's do you enjoy doing?
Spending time with my husband and my daughter outdoors is my favorite! We love to go fishing, hike, go on walks, and this summer I'm planning on taking a mommy and me swim class with Brielle - I can't wait!

5 // What quote do you live by?
"Fight fear with faith" - I feel like it applies to every aspect of my life - plus, it's loaded with F words!

6 // You just had a little girl, Brielle, how has she changed your life?
Brielle has changed our lives in more ways than we can count! But, for me, I think there are two main ways. First, any selfish tendencies have disappeared. Never before have I cared so deeply and sacrificed so much just to make sure someone else is not only okay but is happy and healthy. I'll wake up in the middle of the night and just to check if she is breathing and comfortable - that is how much my world revolves around her. And secondly, I appreciate my mom a thousand times more than I ever did before. I never really understood how much love or care she has for me until I took on her role. I respect her so much and value her beyond measure. Truly, I stand in awe of that woman in a way I couldn't if I wasn't a mom myself.

7 // What advice/encouragement would you give to other new moms?
Trust yourself!!! There were so many times that I got conflicting or varying information on important topics (vaccinations, daycares, swaddling, sicknesses, frequency of baths, bed sharing, breastfeeding, sleep training - the list goes on!) and it really overwhelmed me. But I ultimately just listened to my gut and followed my instincts. Brielle doesn't sleep in our bed, wenever let her cry it out, she has gotten all her vaccinations, and we give her a bath EVERY SINGLE DAY - and we are perfectly happy with all of those choices despite what others may or may not think about them. Every baby is different and every momma is different and I firmly believe that MOMMA KNOWS BEST. Listen to your inner voice and trust yourself!

There you have it, thank you Lauren for spending time with us today!


I hope you've enjoyed getting to know this wonderful woman, and bonus you have a great new blog to follow!



Check out this months fabulous sponsor:

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the opportunity to guest post! So glad to be bloggy friends! xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...