Shutterfly Review // Custom Iphone Case

Friday, July 18, 2014

// I received a product/service for this review. All opinions are my own. No other compensation was made //


While we were overseas my favourite online print company, Shutterfly, contacted me to provide an honest review for one of their products. First off, I was baffled how they stumbled across my humble little blog, but I'm so ecstatic that they did! In the past I have ordered prints, photobooks, birth announcements, Christmas cards, and a variety of other cards and have never been let down with the quality of their products.

So given a couple options, I choose to test out one of their Iphone cases. Shutterfly provides many templates to choose from and I'm not going to lie it took me a long time to pick a style. I'm picky, plain and simple, and if I had the time I would have just created my own design (which you can do!). But since my life went a bit crazy I settled for their "Bokeh Frame" template with a matte finish and the removable silicone liner. It was one the easiest options for me, just had to upload one picture (my favorite picture of the kids), plop it into the template and boom, done! And now that I have it the picture itself looks great... no pixels, blur, or discoloration from the making, so overall I'm really happy with the general look of the case.

As for quality I think if you were to buy this without any kind of promotion it's a bit overpriced, and by a bit I mean a lot. Now obviously I haven't put it through the fire testing its durability, but the plastic casing feels to me a bit flimsy. Given something personalized always costs more but if I'm going to pay $57.99 plus shipping I would be highly disappointed and expect more.  

But there is a silver lining to that disappointment, you can opt in for the silicone liner. And I would! Again it's not the greatest quality but still its something and it adds that extra protection your phone needs if you were to drop it. I think it also gives the case/phone a sleeker look. And bonus it doesn't get in the way of where the charger or headphones plug in, and its not difficult at all to push the buttons underneath.

So all in all, I wouldn't personally buy a case this expensive knowing the quality. But if I was looking to get a case personalized as a gift I would consider Shutterfly if they had a good promotion going (which happens all the time!). Regardless I still LOVE Shutterfly, and just an FYI if you sign up (which is free) you get 50 free 4x6 prints, not to mention a lot of other great promotions that change frequently! Check them out if your looking to create a keepsake of your special moments, they have so many options for any budget!

Shutterfly Photo Books 468x60
// I received a product/service for this review. All opinions are my own. No other compensation was made //

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...