Recipe Of The Week : Rosemary Infused Lemonade

Tuesday, June 4, 2013


What do you do when life throws you lemons? 
MAKE LEMONADE!

With Old Man Winter leaving us and warmer weather kicking in I start craving my all time favourite thirst quencher, Lemonade! I just love its sugary, tart, refreshing goodness! I usually just buy a can of frozen lemonade for a quick fix, but today I wanted it to be extra special...homemade. I've never actually made lemonade from scratch and was pleasantly surprised how easy it is!

For this recipe I tried something a little out of the ordinary by throwing in fresh sprigs of rosemary! I know wierd, but hey, don't knock it till you try it! Obviously this is an optional componant and can be eliminated completely or substituted with something else, like, basil, thyme, or my personal fave... mint! I also wanted to make it a little bit more natural in the sugar department by using honey but turns out we're out :( but if you were to substitute honey for sugar just add 2 tbsp of honey for each lemon used.

Anyways lets get to it!

Shopping List:
5-6 Lemons
2-4 sprigs of Rosemary
1 cup of Sugar
6 cups Water

Directions:
In a small pot combine 1.5 cups water with 1 cup sugar. Cook over medium heat while stirring to dissolve the sugar. Once all the sugar has dissolved turn off the heat and add a sprig of rosemary. Let the water cool and then remove the rosemary.

While your waiting extract the juice from 5 lemons. Your looking to get about 1 cup of lemon juice.  In a pitcher combine the lemon juice, sugar water, and the remaining 4 1/2 cups of cold water. Stir together.

Serve over ice, garnished with a few lemon slices and rosemary sprigs, get out a good book, lawn chair and enjoy! 

Don't forget to follow us on facebook and twitter for photos and updates not posted on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...