DIY : Mason Jar Vase

Sunday, July 31, 2016

I have been wanting to make some decorative mason jar vases for some time now. Finally I have done it! It was the easiest thing ever, and so super inexpensive! The first thing I used our newly repurposed mason jar vase was to hold some lovely flowers (found at a local roadstand, can't get better than that) for Adelyne's first birthday.

All you need:

A mason jar (I used a pint, but whatever size you want)
Spray paint (I used Kryllon Colormaster in Brilliant Gold, found at our local Home Hardware) 
Piece of cardboard
Sandpaper (optional)

Instructions:
Give your paint a good shake, and a test spray. Turn your mason jar upside down on the cardboard and have at 'er! I started with the bum of the jar and worked my way down, for the first coat keep it thin, it will be slightly transparent, but make sure you cover every spot.
Wait 15 to 20 mins for first coat to dry and then apply a second coat and let it dry. At this point you can lightly use your sandpaper to give it a rustic look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...