Dream Big Little One

Monday, July 25, 2016

Way back to when I was pregnant with Adelyne I was drawn to the saying "Dream big little one", it was actually one of the first things I set up when making a space for her in the kids room (check it out here). This little phrase was the whole inspiration behind her little bohemian themed party we had yesterday to celebrate her upcoming first birthday!

The day couldn't have been more perfect, the weather was beautiful, there was space for us at the park, and the kids had their naps prior to it all making for a good + happy time for all!

I have to say I wish all my kids birthdays were in the summer, outdoor parties are way easier! I had very minimal decorations (and even less because I forgot one at home... duh!) and had a playground and beach to keep the kids entertained, add in some lawn chairs and some yardzee and badda bing badda boom adults are happily entertained too.

Biggest priority was making sure there was plenty of yummy food! On the menu was Apple Blackberry Crumble, chocolate haystacks, strawberry pink lemonade, watermelon, veggies + dip, a little something we call "bonuts".... a donut recipe gone wonderfully wrong haha, what should have been donuts turned out to be yummy biscuit-like cookies. And most importantly Adelyne's very first birthday cake (A pink velvet cake, inspiration and recipe found here) that is quite honestly my pride and joy of the whole party (apart from Adelyne of course haha).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...