DIY Ugly Christmas Sweater

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Have you ever been invited to, or hosted an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party? 

Over the past couple years its become all the rage and unfortunately the thrift stores have picked up on it and charge an arm and a leg for horrendously hideous sweaters. Thankfully I found one for myself at Value Village for $5.99 but for Sevio we came out empty handed...well sort of!

I took matters into my own hands and decided to make an ugly sweater for Sevio, we found a decently priced plain green sweater for $4.99. I then went to my favourite place, the dollar store, and found a string of tacky garland with bulbs attached to it.

With my glue gun in hand I set to work going this way and that until something that resembled a Christmas tree took form. To top it off I added a felt star and used a scrap piece of garland for the trunk. As I stepped back to see what had transpired I was actually quite pleased with myself...a fine ugly sweater if do say so myself!

(If this DIY project has inspired you to create your own, I kindly ask you share my link within your own post. And don't forget to come back and comment your link to your beautiful ugly creation, I'd love to see it too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...