Tom Toms

Wednesday, May 30, 2012


Rylee was the first member in our family to own totally sustainable, ethical, even vegan footwear, with Tiny TOMS "Purple Flying Machines." She got them from her Aunt, Uncle, and Cousin at her baby shower and I was totally stoked that not only did Rylee get some pretty sweet shoes but some other less fortunate kid somewhere in the world got a pair too!!

For those of you who have not heard of the TOMS movement, let me enlighten you...In 2006, American traveler Blake Mycoskie befriended children in Argentina and found they had no shoes to protect their feet. Wanting to help, he created TOMS, a company that would match every pair of shoes purchased with a pair of new shoes given to a child in need. One for One. Blake returned to Argentina with a group of family, friends and staff later that year with 10,000 pairs of shoes made possible by TOMS customers. Since then TOMS have taken off as a fashion craze, and to be honest in the beginning I wasn't really a fan of their adult styles, but I totally loved the idea of One for One.

As time has gone on TOMS has evolved and come out with many different styles, colors, and patterns and I've grown to really like them. So with a VISA gift card that was given to me for my birthday I purchased my first pair of "Earthwise Slate" TOMS.   They are the perfect slip on shoe that are comfy and go with pretty much everything I own,  and more importantly every time I put them on I can feel good that my money was spent to better this world we live in. Now all we need to do is win Sevio over to the movement and have a family of matching footwear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...