The Queen of Tart!

Friday, June 1, 2012

You know those little oblong sort of fuzzy orange fruits...aka Apricots! Rylee and I both had a first encounter with one this week. 

Why apricots? Well they are high in Beta Carotene (Vitamin A), Vitamin C and Lycopene. Just 3 apricots contain approximately 30 % of the daily dose for Vitamin A. This combination of nutrients is one of the best defenses against heart disease and some cancers. That being said you can see this little fruit packs a powerful punch... literally!

Apricots all mushed up are one TART fruit! I've had them dried and absolutely love them but never had a fresh one and boy was I surprised by the taste. Thankfully when I was making it I taste-tested it before freezing it into normal serving sizes because When I let Rylee taste it off my finger and saw her first reaction was like that of tasting a lemon I decided it'd be best to pair it with something else. So I made one third of a serving with apricot and filled the rest with pear to counteract the tartness. This turned out deliciously brilliant and is now a new favorite for little miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...