Papaya

Saturday, August 11, 2012

The other day I bought a papaya as something new for Rylee. Yesterday I finally cut it up, as I am I find out that Rylee's Grandma shares the same thoughts as me on the fruit...it tastes like soap!

Later last night we pulled it out of the fridge, chilled perfectly for her teething gums, at this point I find out that Sevio hates it, his dad hates it, and his sister hates it, all the while Rylee is sitting on Sevio's lap gnawing on it like its any other fruit....loving it. Thank goodness one person in the family has tastebuds for this fruit, otherwise the sheep across the yard would have a very "yummy" dessert. 

I'm glad she likes them because apparently they are very nutritious as they contain high amounts of Vitamin C, Vitamin A and even Vitamin E. They're also a good source of fiber and folic acid.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...