Bump Watch : Week 17

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Surely its time for an update! A baby update that is!

So far this momma has been feeling great all through the first trimester and now into the second. I'm sorry, but not really, that I'm one of those ones who hasn't experienced "morning sickness," and hopefully never ever will (all fingers and toes crossed)!

I'm about 17 weeks along now and from what I've read "Baby" should be around the size of a ginger root from head to bottom! And another trivial fact for you... this specific week in the pregnancy its skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone. It can move all its joints, and its sweat glands are starting to develop (good thing because its hot here :P)!

Rylee seems to be understanding there's a baby in Mommy's tummy, and when we ask "where's the baby?" she points to my belly button. Sometimes she'll wave or sometimes she'll just give it a zurburt (for those of you that need a translation, zurburt is a blowing on someones belly...I think more commonly known as a raspberry? Don't ask me I was raised on "zurburt").

We've been thinking about getting a second ultrasound done while we are here in Chiang Mai to possibly determine the sex but more importantly make sure "Baby" is happy and healthy!

Stay tuned, definitely more baby updates to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...