New Series : Mommy Time Out

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Over the past couple weeks I've been realizing the importance of taking care of myself. Being a mom, heck being anybody in this world, isn't a walk in the park! Life is busy, it's stressful, and if your not careful you can easily lose yourself and become bogged down and burnt out.

At a recent counselling appointment we were required to make a list of our priorities, from highest to lowest. As you can see below my priorities differ quite a bit from the "model" list our counsellor suggests we are to live by...


There's something seriously wrong with this list (well actually a few things...but we're going to take this one thing at a time). The first major issue is not anywhere in my priorities is making time for myself... nowhere... not even on the radar! 

Boom... Mind blown! What? I'm supposed to be priority number two... TWO! How selfish right? NO! 

Here it is people, I'm sure you've heard it before but if not... "you can't take care of others, if you can't take care of yourself" (Mary Mazzer). If your not keeping yourself healthy everything else crumbles... Say hello to a short temper, lack of or no patience, exhaustion, depression, negative attitude, and days full of complaining. Sounds like a lovely person, doesn't it? Say hello to me! 

So this begins my little series, "Mommy Time Out", learning how to value myself and take time out during the day/week so that in the long run I can be a better mom, wife, and person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...