R&R In Penang

Saturday, November 23, 2013


I've gotten a little sidetracked with all this new blog designing, but it's time to get back to our recent trip to Malaysia! I thought I'd share a few snapshots from our time in Penang, specifically Batu Ferringhi (a popular little beach town).

We splurged and stayed a nicer hotel that was located right on the beach and enjoyed four days of complete R&R... it was AWESOME! If I had to describe this area to anywhere I would say its a lot like Tofino, B.C. (minus the great surf). It was quiet and easy to find our way around, you truly can't get lost when theres only one main road! At night the place came alive with a bustling night market and a million food vendors that seem to pop up out of nowhere.

The hotel was great as it had a pool, kids waterpark and pool, playground, kidzone (a big room full of toys & crafts), and did I mention... beachfront! 

Most days were spent by the pool or down on the beach, although one day I got to experience ear candling for the first time ever, so gross yet so satisfying! Another day I got henna done on my belly as you saw on my latest "Bump Watch" post. But for the most part you could find me perched in a chair poolside reading, "And The Mountains Echoed", the most recent book by Khalid Hussain (you may know him from the Kite Runner, or A Thousand Splendid Suns). Sevio found solace in sleeping in and gorging himself with the delicious Indian food in the area or our hotel buffet. And Rylee...well she wasn't too fond of the pools (as seen in the picture below), or the ocean, but she did have a great time destroying the sand castles we would build for her, and playing in the Kidzone area.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...